Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yoga Party

So, last Wednesday, I went to my very first ever Yoga class. There’s a little spa/studio/wellness-y place near me that offers a FREE that’s right FREE Beginner’s Beginner Yoga class. Let me just say, that I LOVED IT. I felt so incredibly fantastic afterwards. I cannot even describe it. My friend Sandy – who happens to be married to my ex-husband went with me the first week. Unfortunately, she wasn’t able to go last night because her husband hurt his knee and since he’s the babysitter it just wasn’t going to work. Hopefully he’ll be all fixed up soon and she’ll be able to go with me again. I definitely enjoyed it more when I could make faces to someone else which expressed the amount of effort and exhaustion I was experiencing. I’m not sure why, but it was more fulfilling somehow.

There was this girl last night – doing this one pose – (which I was STRUGGLING with, but still accomplishing to a much lesser level) I don’t remember what in the hell it was called – something –or- other- asina. I call it doing a standing split and bending over like a drop leaf table and trying to touch the floor which may as well be on the other side of the moon because you’re never going to reach it in a million years pose. Anyway, not only could she touch the floor much to my amazement (I was using blocks which brought the moon one foot closer) the instructor told her to see him at the end of class because he thought she was ready to go to the next level with that pose. I think I mentioned earlier that I eavesdrop… I actually kind of have trouble NOT eavesdropping sometimes… So, naturally I lingered around a little longer than necessary with one other person to see where exactly this next level was. It is a planet on the other side of the moon! This girl was able to put the TOP OF HER HEAD not her forehead… but like the part that wears a hat… the CROWN of her head FLAT on the floor while doing a standing split. I could not believe my eyes. Even the instructor seemed a bit in awe of her… after all she can reach Jupiter.

On a side note, I’m hoping to get the first batch of herbs today or tomorrow. I’m kind of excited to get started.

I’ve been keeping track of my expenses related to the baby making project. Here’s what I’ve spent so far: $589.32

Used Recumbent Bike from Craigslist $200.00
Acupuncture consultation $150.00
Phase 2 and Phase 3 custom herbs $150.00
Basal Thermometer and 54 OPK’s $ 89.32

No comments:

Post a Comment