Thursday, March 26, 2009

Not much new to report...

I'm still schlepping on with phase 2 of the herbs. My temps have been ridiculously low for more than a week. (96.8 to 97.1) I'm not really sure what that means... maybe I'm on may way to swinging into some sort of a real cycle.

I'm on CD45 so far with no hint toward ovulation again since that first time. I'll guess we'll see how it goes.

I am excited to report however, that I have lost 20 pounds and 2 1/2 inches off of my waist! Woot! Although... I still feel that I have a lot more to go along the lines of true "fitness". I have, however, acheieved my 2nd short term goal.

The first goal was accomplished when I reached 10 consecutive weeks of "fitness".

The second goal was the 20 pound mark.

Next up, 6.8 more pounds to reach the 10% of body weight lost. (Please don't do the math to figure out my starting weight!) I also hope to have lost a total of 30 pounds by the time the Cystic Fibrosis walk comes in May. Although, I think that might be overzealous since my weekly weight loss has slowed considerably since I first started.

Ultimately, my first BIG goal for "fitness" is to reach the 20% mark of total body weight loss. The Reproductive Endocrinologist claims that my cycle will magically re-appear. I seriously doubt this because this problem was ocurring many more pounds before that. I guess we'll see. Regardless, I want to lose the weight so I can have a healthy pregnancy and that means in my eyes, that I need to lose at least 50 more pounds from where I am now -- preferably more. Oy.
In all actuality, I've given myself a year to "get ready". If I start to cycle reliably sooner than that, then I may have to reconsider my plan, weight be damned. I doubt that is likely, but I'm not getting any younger and who knows how many tries it would take for anything to "stick". I can still try and continue my "fitness" plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment