Saturday, June 4, 2011

12 Months Sweetened and Condensed

June 2010:

I attended a DONA International seminar where I trained to become a birth doula. It was the begining journey of finding where I feel most at home.


July 2010:

Attended a National Organization for Marriage Protest (NoM) July 18th where this happened:





http://www.prop8trialtracker.com/2010/07/18/nom-tour-tracker-todays-providence-event-became-a-shouting-match/


http://newsblog.projo.com/2010/07/demonstrators-clash-over-same-.html

http://www.marriagetour2010.com/2010/07/gay-activists-embarrass-themselves-in-providence/

and then they lied about it! They were NOISE makers!

http://www.marriagetour2010.com/2010/07/%E2%80%9Cwe-brought-children-they-brought-rocks%E2%80%9D%E2%80%94one-mother%E2%80%99s-account-of-the-providence-rally/



August 2010:



omg! I saw Debbie Gibson in Cirque Du Soleil!!!!!!!!! She smiled and WINKED AT ME!


We started looking at houses on the single hottest day of the entire year, I'm pretty sure. It was miserable!



September 2010:

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease after having suffered from a painful "fatty liver" with very elevated liver enzymes, and a strange rash all over my body. Funny, this conincided with me finding a delicious rice blend that included black barley.... and I proceeded to eat it every day with dinner. Needless to say, I sadly threw out the rice blend... and it's delish little poison barley bits.

As part of the diagnosis to find out what was going on with my liver, I had 2 ultrasounds. While they were at it, I asked them to check out my ovaries.

After 19 months of acupuncture and herbs (and no f'ing birth control pills!!!) I received my first NORMAL ultrasound in over 10 years! My ovaries no longer appeared cystic and enlarged! They were NORMAL! My cycle was still a bit odd (now I was bleeding all of the time instead of never), but things were improving! And I had scientific PROOF!

Ladies, if you have been diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance, IBS, GERD, or have had strange symptoms like face flushing and burning, heartburn, diarrhea, and problems with your cycle.  For GOD'S SAKE GIVE UP WHEAT, RYE, AND BARLEY.  Just go gluten free! Do it! I'm telling you...  It was the final puzzle piece in a long line of changes that I made.  Wait till you see what happens in April 2011!




October 2010:

1st two births in the same week! To say that this experience was transformative would be a huge understatement. 7 births later and I still struggle to put into words what it is like to experience birth. I'm not sure that it can be done, but I'll keep trying. I have never been more sure that this is what I was born to do.

Gave up on house hunting for now -- results in our price range were too bleak. we decided we would lazily look at listings from now until January. At that time, we would again begin reviewing listings with renewed exuberance.




November 2010:


Not much to report.


December 2010:

Not much to report.



January 2011:

Started looking at houses again... nothing fabulous.


February 2011:

On the 26th of February, we went to look at the most ADORABLE and affordable house ever. We thought it was too good to be true. We love, love, love, LOVED IT. 3 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom, 1270 square foot cape with a partial dormer in the front. Partially finished basement (FOR MY NEW OFFICE!!!), oversized one car garage attached with screened porch/breezeway, gas fireplace (we want to convert back to wood!), fish pond, swimming pool, FABULOUS WOODEN swingset with tree house, shed, large nearly 10,000 sq. ft. yard, adorable neighborhood, hardwood floors. It was literally EVERYTHING we wanted, but it was a short sale. We decided to take a day to think about it. It would need mainly cosmetic work done -- paiting and floor refinishing in order for us to move in. The tile in the shower absolutely needs work before we can move in. This all seemed very doable.

March 2011:

On March 1, my mini schnauzer Jackson died in my arms very unexpectedly. He was not sick. He was running around fetching a toy and in 3 minutes he was dead. I will post separately about this later. It was honestly, the worst day of my life. Without question. And I have been through some very tough shit in my life.

Snapped back to real world on March the 3rd -- we went to see the house again and decided to make an official Purchase & Sale Agreement. The original offer that was on the table would need to be formally rejected before our offer could be considered. Our realtor set the agreement to expire on May 5th.

It was very difficult to go from being so sad and upside down, to having ot make a huge decision, but time was of the essence.

2 days later, we found out another offer came in just after ours did and the original offer still had not been rejected by the bank. So, they hadn't even seen our offer yet.


April 2011:

Our realtor begins encouraging us to keep our options open. We've been looking at listings, but really nothing grabs us.

We spend an entire weekend doing house drive-bys. Out of 25 listings, we come away with 5 that we are only mediocre on. I refuse to move anywhere else but the house we already put the offer on. :-)

I bought an Ovacue Monitor in March -- and holy shit I am ovulating!!!!!!!!!  The Easter Bunny was not the ONLY one with eggs this year!! :-)

May 2011:

Our agreement expires. Realtor reminds us again to keep looking. And then 4 days later, he calls and says that there is FINALLY movement! The original offer is being rejected and our offer would be presented along with another one. We decide to up our offer by a little bit to be SURE our offer is the one that is selected.

We renew our offer and expect it to take weeks before we hear anythign again. 4 hours later, the realtor calls to tell us that we just bought a house! CRAZY! But YAY!

I ovulated again!!!! My luteal phase is still too short, but I'm OVULATING!!!!

June 2011:

Sealing up house buying requirements and PACKING. Closing date is tentative for July 1, but the bank has indicated repeatedly that it will likely be the last week in June! EEP!

I am just starting to get into my fertile window according to my ovacue monitor.  Last month, my first ovulation attempt failed, but the second was successful.  I'm hoping that this month, it'll work the first time my body tries.  I am also hoping for a longer luteal phase.  With all of the excitement and stress going on, I'm expecting a very wonky cycle.

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing and crazy ride of a year! So glad to see you 'round these parts. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! That is quite a year!! Yay for the house and ovulating and normal ovaries! Sorry about your dog:( so sad. We lost both ours last year but they were old and I'll so we at least had some warning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, gals. It's great to be back. Here's hoping I stick with it. :-)

    I've been so out of the loop -- doula stuff has consumed most of my free time for the last year. So, I have only popped in on blogs occasionally. In fact, I realized yesterday N., that I no longer remember (or can find) the password for your protected posts. :-( Would you mind popping it over to me again?


    tireegal! OMYGOSH! You've been busy!!! Isobel is gorgeous! I'm so sorry to hear of your mum and both of your furbabies' passing. Sounds like you had a whirlwind of a year too. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete