Wednesday, July 25, 2012

15 million sperm walk into a bar...

or my uterus, your choice.  :-)

So today was the big day!  I got my estradiol results which were 223 and triggered last night as I mentioned yesterday.

I started my day off with a little acupuncture over at Providence Community Acupuncture with my good friend Cris Monteiro.  Afterwards, I made my way over to the clinic and met up with my friend and fellow doula, Lisa,  who also happens to be an amazing photographer. I think I mentioned she is working on a birth project of which I plan to take part.  We snuck in a few photos when no one was looking...

The swim team stats
After care instructions

Original vials that the swim team came in.  They actually let me keep it.

The IUI was a breeze.  The worst part was the GIGANTIC SPECULUM that they used.  Seriously, I think she could see my brain.  The nurse asked, "is there anywhere that's pinching or particularly uncomfortable?"  and my response was "all of it, but I'm okay."

When she put the catheter in there was a little bit of cramping, but she told me to let her know when it stopped and then she would proceed.  The cramping, she said, was a good sign because they know for sure that they are in the right spot.  The whole procedure took fewer than 5 minutes, then she told me to hang out for 10 minutes and then I could be on my way.

As soon as the nurse finished, I had this realization that this might be it. There's no going back now!  "Holy. Shit."

And H's response was, "What have you done??"

And then we all cracked up.  Lisa and her baby daughter started doing a little dance and we took a few photos with our phones while the nurse was out of the room.  If only we had a video camera... 

Afterwards, we took a few photos outside of the clinic and then H headed home to work and I went back to Providence Community Acupuncture for another treatment.  I fell asleep for an hour and a half which, for me, is unheard of!  I had a dream of a beautiful billowing volcano.  I have no idea what that means, but it was neat.

I went home and attempted to work and couldn't concentrate.  So, I decided to take the day without pay because I just wasn't getting anything done.  

I didn't have too much cramping for the rest of the day, just mostly what felt like pressure.



No comments:

Post a Comment