Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Five... (significant dates) (and "Plan Queef")

I'm finding the significance of the dates that are coinciding with various "things" that need to happen with this process to be very interesting.

CD1 fell on my dad's birthday, CD3 blood work and ultrasound fell on the eve of the birth of my 9th doula baby's birthday, and CD12 the day of the upcoming follicle check and (hopefully) day of the trigger shot falls ON the birth of doula baby #10's birthday. 

Doula baby #10 is the baby of the family that gave these vials of sperm to me.  They decided they did not want anymore children and GIFTED THREE vials of IUI ready swimmers to me.  I love the serendipity of it all!

Symptom wise, I'm still about the same.

Since I was very concerned that I would have some emotional upheaval as a result of the clomid, we decided to come up with a plan in advance to try to mitigate the damage.  Thankfully, so far, it hasn't really been necessary to implement "plan queef", however, it is so funny (to me) that I feel I must share it with you. (All two of you.)

Upon discussion of the possible, erm, "emotional disturbance" one might expect with hormone therapy, I suggested that, perhaps, H come up with a safe word.  This word would be invoked at the moment when it was clear that I was leaping off of the emotional deep end at Club Clomid.  I felt it would be best if the word were funny, outrageous, and non-sequitur.  The word would be intended to shock me back to reality and hopefully make me laugh in the heat of the moment and NOT make more more stabby.  I suggested that "queef" would be an excellent fit.  Queef, on its own, is a funny word.  It's funny to say, and generally I think it brings out the 12 year old in us all.  Granted, it is not terribly refined, or proper, or any of those things, but damnit PLAN QUEEF WORKS!  Queef is versatile.

"Are you being queefy?"
"Is there a queef issue?"

Queefy can be sung to the tune of the Bat Man theme song.  

Queef is funny.  The more you say queef, the funnier it is.

Last clomid pill tomorrow night.

Queefs out bitches.


1 comment: