Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Well, I was going to be all fancy...

Sorry about the countdown to nowhere...  LOL!  Psych!  I have been all out of sorts since Friday. 

I ended up at THE LONGEST BIRTH EVER.  Over 60 hours of labor and that baby just would not get into position no matter WHAT we tried.  The good news is that everyone is doing well despite the fact that things did not go at all like mama had hoped.  She took each challenge with grace and she was truly an insipiration.

Once she finally had that baby in her arms, I turned to her after some time had passed and said, "So, should I do it? Was it worth it?"

An emphatic "yes!" was her response.

I took my last clomid on Thursday and never got any side effects, save for the sweating/hot flashes.

On Friday, I got called to the birth and the baby was born late Sunday afternoon.  I spent 2 nights sleeping a tiny bit in my car (because it was cool in there with the a/c and also because 60 hours and not being able to fart is torture -- not to be crude, but it's the truth!).  So, I was really concerned about whether the follicles were going to grow without any rest.  I didn't have any of my monitors with me, so I wasn't able to track what is happening on my own right now.

As it turns out, everything is just fine.Had my HSG today and everything came back clear!  Firstly, the HSG was a piece of cake.  The worst part is the clamping of the cervix -- he used a loop and not the tenaculum, so it wasn't so bad.  Just take deep breaths slowly in and out and try to keep all of your muscles as relaxed as possible.  It's really not bad at all.  There is a small possibility of a tiny bit of "fibrous" material at the top of my uterus, but it's undefined and may be nothing at all.  Dr. said it was nothing to be concerned about.  I also had my follicle check today -- I had over 20 immature follicles and one "perfect" 18mm follicle on my left ovary.  I was so excited because I had surgery on this ovary years ago and I wasn't sure if it was functioning or not.

I just did my trigger shot and my IUI is scheduled for 10:30 tomorrow morning.  Holy crap!  I'm terrified and excited all at once.  I went for acupuncture tonight -- (and it's worth mentioning again to those considering acupuncture but where cost is a barrier to check out https://www.pocacoop.com/clinics/search/0,0/18000/  to search for a sliding scale community clinic near you) -- and I am going for acupuncture again tomorrow before my IUI and again immediately after.

I can't believe it's finally here!

Here is a photo of us doing the trigger shot - you can go ahead and disregard the stretch marks if you wouldn't mind.  (At least I don't have worry about getting those if I get pregnant -- already can check those off the list!):  


No comments:

Post a Comment