Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Mother Must Think I Hate Her...

I haven't spoken to my mother, save for 1 text, in two and a half weeks.  We aren't fighting, but I'll bet she thinks I'm upset about something.

I haven't spoken to her because, when it comes to myself,  I AM THE WORST SECRET KEEP EVER.  And.. I can't lie for SHIZZLE.  Everything is written all over my face.  So, in the interest of trying to make this an authentic experience for others in the family  (not that it isn't authentic... but more surprisey-ish), I have chosen not to tell my mom exactly when I was going to start TTC. I told her, "probably sometime in August, I'll let you know once I know what my period is doing."  But then I got my period sooner than I expected, and so then I started trying sooner than I expected BUT OMYGODYOUGUYS, do you have any idea how difficult it is to keep it to myself???  Due to the fact that I can't control myself if I speak to my mother or my sister, I have just not called. Or texted. Or anything.  My sister has texted several times and instant messaged me.  I did write back, but I nearly had to saw my fingers off to keep from typing, "Holy. Shit. I could totally be pregnant right now."

or

"There are 15 million sperms of a strange, unknown man, swimming inside of me right now."

You get the idea.  And I'm DYING TO TELL MY MOTHER what I'm scheming, but at the same time, it'll be so much more fun to tell her when she has no idea it's even on the table yet.

Then again, if this cycle doesn't result in a BFP, I will definitely have to fill her in because this story is just too good not to tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment