Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Well, I'm Not One of THOSE People

I admit it. I thought I was going to be THAT person.  You know, one of those people who somehow bypasses a BFN and gets pregnant on the first try.  I even felt a little smug (secretly -- well, not so secretly now) and self assured.

I felt like since I had to work SO HARD to even get to this point that hadn't I already paid my dues?  I deserved to get pregnant right away. (Not that we all don't deserve it, but this is about me right now, sorry.) 

It certainly wasn't a surprise; I had 15 (or more) negative pee sticks to show for it.  But, that positive that I got on Saturday 8-4, that one really had me thinking I was pregnant.  And I suspect I possibly had the shortest ever chemical pregnancy -- by Sunday morning, it was negative again.  Either that or the CVS Early Response tests are junk. Either way, it doesn't really matter because I'm not pregnant now and I'm never buying blue dye tests again.

Okay, pity party over.

Today wasn't all bad!  I got a great part time job that really has the potential to open up a whole new world for me career wise.  So, I am absolutely stoked about it because it also happens to be something that I am passionate about.  If they receive additional funding, this has the potential to blossom into a whole new full time gig for me. So, fingers crossed please!

When I started getting a headache today, I took ibuprofen.

I lifted heavy sandbags at agility class.

I ate deli ham and soft cheeses.

And, just a short time ago, I ate some potato chips and, in a few minutes, I plan to follow them up with a cupcake and a giant glass of milk.  (Okay, it's the cupcake for my pity party, so maybe it's not QUITE over yet.)

I am looking forward to getting my regular bladder back and to losing this bloated feeling.

And, I am looking forward to beginning again.  This time, I'll be a little wiser, a little more humble, but just as hopeful as ever.  Hoping to hear good news from the rest of you!



6 comments:

  1. Hey Jenny, I haven't commented in a really long time, but I've been reading and cheering you along in the past couple of weeks. I'm sorry that you're first try turned out a thumbs-down, but you know that at some point you'll look at the pee stick and see the result you want. It will happen!

    Congrats on the job - who knows what exciting things are in store!

    All the best,

    Jamey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jamey! Nice to hear from you. I hope you're doing well. <3 Are you still blogging?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing well, thanks! Lots of new adventures. No babies on the near horizon yet, but I'm trying to love every moment and not wish my life away waiting for it to be time to start a family!

      I'm not blogging anymore as the lovely gentleman I'm sharing life with would prefer that our lives are private, which I can respect, and also because I'm really busy right now and couldn't maintain a reasonably nice blog. Maybe someday in the future! In the meantime I'll just enjoy everyone else's! :-)

      Delete
    2. I'm so happy to hear things are going well for you.

      Are you still in London or are you back stateside?

      Delete
  3. I'm really sorry you weren't one of Those People. ♥

    ReplyDelete